- "Straw burning, PM2.5 and death: Evidence from China" (with Guojun He and Maigeng Zhou), Journal of Development Economics , 2020, 145.
- "Avoidance behavior against air pollution: Evidence from online search indices for anti-PM2.5 masks and air filters in Chinese cities" (with Guojun He and Alexis K.H. Lau), Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, 2018, 20: 325.
- "Statistical evidence on the impact of agricultural straw burning on urban air quality in China" (with Guojun He and Alexis K.H. Lau), Science of the Total Environment, 2020, 711.
- "Time series forecasting of air quality based on regional numerical modeling in Hong Kong" (with Alexis K.H. Lau, Kai Sandbrink and Jimmy C.H. Fung), Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, 2018, 123(8):4175-4196.
- "Particulate air pollution and mortality in 38 of China’s largest cities: Time series analysis" (with Peng Yin, Guojun He, Maoyong Fan, Kwok Yan Chiu, Maorong Fan, Chang Liu, An Xue, Yuhang Pan, Quan Mu and Maigeng Zhou), The British Medical Journal, 2017, 356, j667.
- "The demography of drug abuse in Hong Kong" (with Stuart Gietel-Basten), China Journal of Social Work, 2019, 12(3), 254-272.
- "The unintended impacts of agricultural fires: Human capital in China" (with Joshua Graff Zivin, Yingquan Song, Qu Tang and Peng Zhang). 2019. [VoxChina] Revision requested by Journal of Development Economics.
- "Can technology solve the principal-agent problem? Evidence from China's war on air pollution" (with Michael Greenstone, Ruixue Jia and Guojun He). 2020. [EPIC]